What colour is the area you want to paint over?
If you want to paint over a dark colour with a lighter colour then the painter will need to give the walls extra coats of primer as well as more coats of the colour you choose in order to cover the darker colour without affecting the tone, shade of the new colour.
What texture is the wall?
Rough-textured walls require more labour to make sure you’ve coated the surface correctly. They also use about 20 -25% more paint than smooth textured walls. This means the painter will need to use more paint which will affect the paint per square meter cost.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO PAINT A HOUSE?
There are a variety of things that affect the cost to paint a house. An experienced painter will be able to give you an estimate per square meter provide you can supply them with some more information. We’ve chatted to the top painters in the industry and they have given us the top factors that will affect the cost to paint a house.
Keep these in mind when collecting quotes
- Size of the house – How many bedrooms does the house have? Is there also a garage? The painter needs to know the size of the area to be painted, in order to calculate how much paint they will need to paint the house.
- Accessibility – The cost to paint a house will also depend on whether or not the house is easily accessible. A house without trees and obstructions in the way will cost less to paint than a double story house with an attic and trees hanging over parts of the wall.s
- Type and quality of paint – The cost to paint a house will be influenced by the paint per square meter cost. If you are going to use. A high-quality paint will be more expensive but you will probably need fewer coats.
- Amount of colours used – The more paint colours used to paint the house, the more work goes into cleaning and preparing for the different colours. This will also affect the cost to paint a house.
- Additional requirements – If the exterior walls of the house need to be patched or repaired it will also affect the cost to paint a house. The painter will have to put in more hours into the task and is likely to charge more for labour, pushing the price up.